Ok - so SMU said no, but USC (the University of South Carolina) said yes - which means, Columbia here I come! I'm debating between pursuing the Chinese track (which requires an additional year of study abroad, which could be fun, but the Chinese language is also a more difficult) or the Spanish track (I already have some Spanish background, and it will certainly continue to be useful within the United States and Latin America).
Additionally, USC is ranked higher (in the recent Financial Times survey) than both SMU *and* Notre Dame (Colorado isn't even listed). It was also ranked as the #2 international business MBA program IN THE WORLD. So it's not like South Carolina isn't a good program. Sure, it could probably benefit from a couple changes here and there, but with the added bonus of receiving in-state tuition via the Academic Common Market, there's probably not going to be a better deal for me.

1 comment:
My opinion on languages:
Go with Chinese.
Asian countries have taken over the United States in education and technology... leading to being people who will take over a lot of industries. It'll be good, in my opinion, to learn one of their languages.
Plus it looks cool written down.
I have a friend who got to study abroad for a semester and loved it, too. I'm sure it was a great experience and I wish I'll get the chance one day.
Post a Comment