My photo
Hi, I'm Danielle (a writer, digital marketer, casual runner, and whatever other labels you want to pick and choose from). I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be a while until I publish my first best seller, so in the meantime, here are my thoughts on everything.

Monday, January 19, 2009

MBA Monday

"Dear Dan,

Thank you for your interest in Vanderbilt University's Owen Graduate School of Management. Your application was thoroughly reviewed by the Admissions Committee, and a decision was made based on the relative strength and quality of your credentials in comparison to this year's applicant pool.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place in the Class of 2011."

A very polite way of saying no.

It also turns out that South Carolina has no set date for informing applicants (after checking on their website) so I sent a brief note to my interviewer asking for a general idea of when I could expect a decision. About 45 minutes later I received an email from someone in the Office of Career Management asking to arrange a phone interview. She said this is a common practice for applicants with 'limited' work experience. I suppose this is good because it means that my application is still being considered.

I'm preparing an outline of what to talk about so that I'm ready for any questions about my career to date (such as 'job hopping'), career goals (short term, long term, etc.), and my application in general. I will ace this interview tomorrow at 1:30 PM.

I also need to send a follow-up note to Southern Methodist University as well andclarify some issues with my application.

No comments: