My photo
Hi, I'm Danielle (a writer, digital marketer, casual runner, and whatever other labels you want to pick and choose from). I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be a while until I publish my first best seller, so in the meantime, here are my thoughts on everything.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Additional profits for Parker Bros and Milton Bradley

In my previous post I mention closure, and so I went Googling for images that represented the visual concept. During that process, I stumbled upon the following image:



The design reminded me of a Scrabble board - so I wondered if anyone had tried out this idea before.



Yes,



But inspiration seemed lacking. Though these two bags might be nice for a travel/game bag/tote - I thought someone would've done something better.



This is a Scrabble box that has been repurposed. They get more points for creativity, but the rigid design seems a little impractical.



Something like this seems a bit more expressive, and originally I thought the letters were attached but if you look closer - they're little plastic sleeves. It looks like they go around the entire bag (not sure what the full count is though). It's an interesting idea, but it still feels a little lazy - you're essentially just paying for someone to sew letter holders onto an otherwise ordinary bag for you. Some handy do-it-yourself'er could replicate this fairly easily.



Whoa! Now this (but with Scrabble letters instead of keyboard ones) seems like it could be a fantastic idea! The wood tones of the letters would make it look a little softer - you'd just have to go through quite a few pieces to cover the entire purse. But with the number of Scrabble nuts and quirky teachers out there - I think you'd have a nice little product.

Anyone have thoughts on how to attach the letters though?

No comments: